Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
A BMP block for a BBC is $500 less than one for a BBM. If that $500 is gonna break the bank then maybe you need a new hobby. I personally would run an aluminum block before a steel block for the weight savings. But unfortunately. BMP only offers a stock replacement style block. For me that is not what I would want.

A Dart iron BBC replacement block is $4300ish dollars retail. That would be a stock architecture iron block. A Brodix Aluminum replace BBC block is $6100ish for a stock style replacement block. About $400 less than Mitchell. Indy is $7300, KB is $7995 but comes with a raised cam and larger core. Those things cost quite a bit more from Dart or Brodix but are options.

Unfortunately no one reputable seems to be in the non hemi iron block business. But you can buy one for $5999 from Callies/Energy. Making it $1600 or so more than a Dart iron BBC. Again is $1600 is a deal breaker these days then some self examination might be in order.

Everyone knows the inherent weakness of stock block stuff. There are PLENTY of heads in that market area that can more than break a stock block deal.

As for another canted/splayed/symmetrical port Mopar BB head....HAH...Who is gonna buy it? A select few possible in my case without and accompanying block that can be taken to 4.600 bore at least what's the point? We already have a head like that which are slightly more common than unicorn teeth at the track.

I have seen some comments here that echo that old "mopar guys are cheap" refrain I hear all the time. And folks wonder why that moniker sticks. If you wanna go fast it costs money. No way around it, don't matter what make you choose.

Yes you can get a steel rocker for most any head, if T&D makes them in aluminum they can in steel. It just costs money. But so does a T&D aluminum rocker. We had to have Jesel make steel rockers for the heads up car. It took a year of begging them and another year before they had them done due to the offset we have to use. On the end they were almost $5K for the INTAKE rockers. Oh yeah that is for a small block chevy. The morale racing isn't cheap if you want to go fast.

This is want i been thinking about, you have a decent amount of head choices and cubic inch choice, but how much power can you make before the stock block gives up? it seems like its not hard to make 700hp with a 440 block.

1965 Plymouth Barracuda 273 M/SA
1970 Plymouth Duster 360/904 10.60s with J heads