Roots type blower on anything is a blast on the street.
The off idle torq. is addictive.
It's a shame tires are so expensive,,,I destroyed a set of MT DragRadials in about an hour one Saturday afternoon.
Can smoke them for as far as you want.

For seat of pants fun...they are the best.
Max performance...turbos and centrifugal superchargers are best.
10.76@124..1.54 -60ft.
440/ 727/Dana60 with 3.33 Ratio.
Shift at 5,000....trap RPM 5,100.

That's my old B&M/DLI blower I ran in the early 90's on my 446" RB Charger I sold to 6BBLFlash I don't remember how many years ago. So glad he's still having fun with it since back when I bought it directly from "Dandy Dick Landy" Hisself!!

I remember I drove it (without a hood) to the Mopar Nationals in Columbus from Charlotte way back in I think 91 or 92?

I really miss that "Mad Max" sound it made going down the highway. And passing gear was....well lets just say passing me was by permission only!!!!

I'm glad to see it in the 10's now! That's so awesome! To run 10's with such amazing street manners is really hard to beat for the $$$ and fun factor. I know you had it running mid 11's for a long time I'd love to know how you got such a mildly geared B body turning those kinds of times!

I'd love to find a smallblock version of the 174 Kit and put it on my 414 in the Rocky.... but I'd need to take a bunch of gear and converter out of it.

As for the bigblock vs smallblock debate , with today's stroker kits and heads it's all a bit blurred. The issue with a smallblock for me was there's not really a whole lot of lightweight Mopar bodies to start from, But I generally prefer driving a light car/small motor over a big car/big motor, ...except for just cruising with my buds, and for that you can't beat a big block 2nd gen B body!!

Last edited by Streetwize; 12/04/23 10:24 AM.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0