Well fu@k... I get to pull the replacement out and start all over again. I got about 1200-1500 miles out of that trans, and pulled my camper (<4000 lb, Durango os rates to pull something like 7100) about 140 miles, and after a day of driving around without the camper on the ball, I get back to the campsite yesterday and the trans is neutraling out every time I stop, whether in d or r. I know I'd be screwed if I tried to bring camper home like this so I made a mad dash for home to swap it out with my truck, and made it a little over halfway and it said "I'm done". Many stops and much time coasting on the shoulder to get that far, shut it off, let sit 2-3 minutes and it will engage again. Much of the 80 miles or so I made it was in 2nd gear at 35 mph. It would neutral out when it tried for 3rd. There was one stretch of 10-12 miles where it seemed fine, hit all 4 gears and l t me have 70 mph. But I probably coasted to a stop along US 41 hoping it would grab again when I restarted it, 25-30 times to make it to far.
It pulled my camper down here like it wasn't even there on Sunday. And was fine for around 100-125 miles after that Sunday after I dropped the camper and most of the day on Monday. When it started not wanting to pull I could really hear the front pump whining.... I checked fluid, no signs of a leak, level was fine.

I had to call my son and have him meet me with a trailer and bring me my 12 ram 1500, he trailered the Durango the rest of the way home.