What's weird is this problem with setting a high governor pressure started only after I had the whole dash out to replace the evaporator and the heater core. My original trans crapped out very shortly after I had the dash reassembled to which I blame on 311,000 miles of use
if I had to guess id say the overrunning clutch went bad by the way the trans was acting. It was actually fine once it got to 3rd and 4th, but shuddered terrible from takeoff, thru 2nd and until it hit 3rd. The fluid came out all glittery, but the weird part is though the replacement trans shifts fine, it still has that weirdness where the computer wants the same crazy gov pressure is the same as with the other trans.
The trans I put in gas been under my bench for 3-4 years, but it came from a u pull, out of an identical Durango that looked like it didn't belong in a junkyard. It (the trans) was very clean, and freshly painted "rebuilders gray". I have no doubt it was a very fresh overhaul, if I had to guess the customer couldn't pay the bill, so the shop got a "mechanic's lien" on it and scrapped it. But the u pull had a "sale" and the price was too good to pass on. I spent more for a case of ATF+4 than I did for the trans.
I have a tough time believing that these sensors and the old ones were all bad, but then again it was in a junkyard for some reason,
I had rebuilt the trans myself that croaked 65k before and I didn't replace the electronics in that trans either, I have no idea if whoever did the rebuild on this trans did while they had it apart either, so I basically want to put new ones in so I can eliminate it for sure and establish some sort of a baseline with it...