Originally Posted by volaredon
update time

I am gonna have to stock up on trans filters via Ebay, rock auto, etc, This was the 2nd time since I swapped that trans, that I had to pay an outrageous $28 at my local O'Wrongleys for a Wix trans filter.... and then $34 for that output sensor. of course I have 6 of the older, non plastic cased, 904/727/500/518 trans filters here already....
For a trans that I "just had to have" on a sale day at the U pull for $60 with converter (I think core was something like $28 then, besides) like 4 years ago, I spent $157 on the first case of ATF+4 and filter that went in the day i swapped it in, then $120 for the HD solenoids, then another $60 in fluid today and that 2nd filter (the one I bought today) and the output speed sensor, but I think I finally got it solved.

I found notes the other day from when I was doing diesel trans upgrades and I wrote down ROSTRA solenoid and gov. pressure sensor on it. I'm getting ready to redo my BUILT BY ME trans that was behind my hopped up Cummins it's been sitting for a decade in the backyard in my lawn ornament , and convert it from 4wd to 2wd with the 2wd OD unit I was able to finally find this past weekend. There's some good info shared here jogging my memory.

I don't use the plastic cased filters in my 47RE's , I switched to the old stlye ones mounted to a deep pan filter spacer as the plastic case is a restriction to flow, also stopped using ATF+4 after the first fluid change back in 2001.

running up my post count some more .