Originally Posted by volaredon
When I plug in the scanner and watch it while someone else drives as soon as I hit 34 mph the "desired" governor pressure goes from close to the mph I'm driving, and jumps to 126 8 psi and stays there no matter what speed I am at as long as I'm in the gas in the least, even just maintaining speed. As soon as I let off the gas and coast the " desired" pressure follows the speed I am going. Then the trans tries to meet the "desired" pressure the computer wants to see.
If the actual actually crosses 100 psi then I get a CEL for "gov pressure high". It seems to drive fine though.
When I monitor the voltage of the governor pressure, it goes to 1.46v at 33 mph and jumps to 3.46 volts, skipping the "2.-xx" volt range completely.
I have another computer (actually the original one from this Durango) that I have had on the shelf for a while, I tried plugging it in as a "substitute known good part" step and it does exactly the same. I have likewise subbed in a known good TPS being that I can duplicate it very reliably just by driving and crossing 34 mph, and no change there either
.that "126.8" psi desired seems to be some kind of a default reading.

Now my 96 Dakota also has a 46re and does not act like that I drove that one and monitored the scanner just like I do in the Durango, just for comparison. Both are stone, dead stock, no mods. No chip, no performance tube or anything.

Drive your Dakota again and let me know what the actual gov psi does once it gets in to third then OD .
I’m betting the gov pressure will rise quickly to 120+ in OD.