Originally Posted by 1970RT
O.K. I will set-up a radiator and loop the trans. coolant lines. Still have to fill the trans. with fluid. What electrical things do I need to connect to fire it up (besides the obvious like the starter, distributor, ecu and coil)? Do I need a complete engine harness hooked up to fire it up?

you could add an alternator and voltage regulator, thereby insuring the battery used would continuously supply a 12 volt supply to the ignition system used.
when some systems get below 10-11 volts, they can misfire, causing issues with the break in, unless you plan on doing the break in using 10 minutes or so segments. [recharging the battery between segments]
the only other engine harness items that i can think of that are factory supplied, [other than AC] are the electrical oil pressure and water temperature indicators. i'm assuming [and we all know what THAT means biggrin] you will be monitoring those items with a set of gauges of your choice. mechanical gauges need nothing more than hooking to the appropriate supply outlets on the engine, while electrical gauges will require a 12v source, a ground, and a sending unit wiring harness for each gauge being in use.
beer