I have an engine that I recently rebuilt that has not been fired up yet. I would have liked to have just put it in the car and did the break-in that way but I have a new set of TTI's so I don't want to break the engine in with them on it and screw up the coating. I also thought about putting an old set of headers or manifolds on, installing the engine in the car (going from underneath), doing the break-in and then dropping it back out after the break-in to swap on the TTI's but I don't really feel like doing all that extra work. I had been looking for a used engine run stand locally for sale for several months but I wasn't able to find one and I don't want to spring for a new one as this is the one and only time I will have a need for it. So, I was trying to think of other ways to do this and was looking at my engine (with transmission attached to it) mounted to the k-frame and sitting on a dolly I made out of a heavy duty pallet with casters on it. It got me wondering if I were to secure the k-frame to the pallet using the k-frame bolt holes and put some old exhaust manifolds on it, could I do the break-in on the dolly? Has anyone ever done something like this?