Originally Posted by terzmo
Originally Posted by SportF
[i]
"Really. To much or fast flow rate may not give the radiator the time it needs to do its job. Thats not a rumor]" See, this is why it will never go away. The University of Minnesota has been the premier leader in the engineering of heat transfer since 1884.

No one in the study of heat transfer there at the U of M would agree with you. Either they are wrong, or the physics in your radiator are different than other places in the universe. I can't help but be sarcastic, as this has come up too many times. Think about it.....you can't have too much air flow, but you can have too much fluid flow??? I'm going with what they teach in engineering school.

Now, someone will come up with a story on how this guy did this or that and it proves I'm wrong. No, something else is going on in all of those cases as nobody gets to defy the laws of physics....anywhere in the universe. Good luck with the heat issue.

\
All I can tell anyone is the test ride last night in 82 degree heat and stuck in traffic the temp never hit 190. Before this I would of been forced to shut down on the side of the road as getting stuck in traffic and inching a few feet...stop..idle for minutes and repeat would drive the temp past 200 and climbing. I switched to a half inch shorter diameter pulley (now the pumps going to run faster, and installed a high volume water pump. . Now the water flow is even faster. That's it in a nutshell. You can give this feedback to the University if You care to.

As a side note....engineers designed cars since day one. The cars made in the past 30 years or so should be worked on by these "engineers" as they have designed vehicles that are are real PITA to work on or impossible for a backyard mechanic who works them as a hobby.

I wonder if what you are seeing is because the fluid is not flowing slow enough to extract the heat? It would be interesting to see a comparison of AFR and EGT numbers as it was vs. how it is now ...

running up my post count some more .