Originally Posted by terzmo
I have a 472 hemi in a 67 R/T and the 3 row aluminum rad that cools fine in any temp while cruising down the road. Has a 6 blade steel fan,half a$$ shroud and stock mechanical water pump. No clutch fan, direct. 180 milodon stat. Car will not stay cool while in traffic for a reasonable amount of time. Once rolling it drops temp. Idles at 850 rpm.

I know this is a cooling issue associated with not enough air flow at idle. So I am considering a high flow pump and a 4 row aluminum radiator with shroud and electric fans as the "potential" solution.

I see a few on e-bay but wonder about the quality of the rad and fans. Except for Champion, the others have poor warranties but Champion does not offer a rad with fans and shroud.

Any other suggestions on how to remedy my heating issue and also a GOOD source for a rad/shroud that works for a 67 R/T. Core size must be 26 inch. Also I would like an adjustable temp controller for the fans as most of the ones turn the fans on at 180. I would rather see them on at 190-195 .

Thanks in advance to all. Thanks Moparts

Overdrive the water pump. No slower than crank speed if you can’t overdrive it. Never EVER run the pump slower than the crank unless you are shifting at 8k or higher.

A 4 core radiator is a bad move.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston