Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
As a couple other Detroit area members have posted here, I grew up in the Detroit area. I lived there for the first 22 years of my life. I grew up knowing about Lisk's Hemi '71 Challenger street driven (with a Lenco transmission), the Silver Bullet GTX, Orlo's '64 black Sport Fury "Rat Patrol" ...with a wicked 426 Max Wedge (now Hemi power) McSwains '68 Hemi Road Runner "Rat Poison"... Tim's '72 Top Banana 440 c.i. tubbed out Demon...these cars were the Mopar's that ruled streets like Gratiot Ave, Telegraph, Woodward..I-696... certain I-94 on ramps whistling...etc. But I don't recall hearing about the Black Ghost growing up though. I was a little kid when Godfrey Qualls, a decorated Vietnam vet, and Detroit Police officer, bought the car.. and supposedly street raced it. So obviously I never saw it, or heard about it, so I can't say he did or didn't, in the end, it doesn't matter to me. If his son wants to sell the car, it's his right to. Seems to me all the hype has come from Mecum, and Dodge... not the Qualls family. I have just heard personal stories about him and his dad ,related to the Challenger. So I hope they put the money from the auction,to good use in their future going forward. twocents
You took the words right out of my mouth, i have been in Detroit all my life also. Us Detroit guys know better that were part of that time. The Black Ghost story is just that,,,, a story.........