Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
I agree. They were selling the sizzle more than the steak.

It just didn't sound right to me that a stock Hemi Challenger was that competitive on Woodward Ave in that time frame with all the modded stuff running around. And was it campaigned with street tires?

Sounds to me like the old adage; The older I get, the better I was. laugh2

This is what gets me? Why would you put one on a car that was supposed to have only been used to terrorize Woodward. To me it's like putting a roof top bicycle rack on a Hellcat, sure it's okay, but...... shruggy

What's the story on the trailer hitch?

You should like this, he towed his motorcycle trailer with it... up

laugh2 laugh2 thumbs

This Bee belonged to a still close friend that worked for (John) Penton of (pre-KTM) Penton Motorcycles and hauled many a Husky and Penton to the races back in the day. I did it a few times with my '69 Road Runner back in the day as I started racing in '70 a year after I bought it new but what a PIA. The trailer hitch ball and tongue of the trailer got in the way of the gas filler/license plate anytime I had to fill it with Sunoco 260. Then if the race was muddy it was a pain to get changed out of the riding gear and then have to shove it all into a garbage bag so as not to mess up the trunk. Bought a used two year old van as soon as I could afford it and kept the Road Runner for ten years as a daily go to work driver.....................until the gas crunch hit a couple of times through the '70's. Yep not that uncommon to have a trailer hitch on a daily driver muscle car back in the day.

Mike

Elaine 69 Super Bee 1968 c1.jpg