Originally Posted by jwb123
1st thing is I don't know how you can install a set of liners and the valve seats still be concentric to the guide. When you do the seats whether it is stones or cutters that tooling always centers from the guide. Just a couple thousands off and they will leak air...

So for what it's worth here is the sequence of how things were done:
1) the original shop installed the liners to take the stock 3/8" down to 11/32", the head retained the MP supplied valve job at that time
2) the flow shop suggested that the valve job should be re-done, and for what it's worth, my DIY test of dropping the valve in freely and listending for a nice "thump" vs "boing boing boing" sound (as the valve bounces off of the seat since it's not concentric) did confirm that the valves were much better after the valve job

Having said that, I am not sure how to interpret what you shared. Was that the wrong way of going about it? Should the 1st machine shop have insisted on doing a NEW valve job and only done the guide liners afterwards???

Originally Posted by jwb123
...And just from the photos the blending of the seats into the chamber will gain you 10cfm from my experience such as it is. And if the valve throat is not the proper diameter, then you also are leaving flow on the table...

Oh, this is interesting. So I had actually done a good amount of work on these already to remove the shart transition lines left over from the valve job. There are literaly very little, if any, sharp edges left. Very close to the seat I do have some of the orignal casting still showing, which is why you can see some of these little bumps in the surface.