Originally Posted by Diplomat360
OK, getting ready for the weekend here as that is probably the only time I can take a shot at improving these a tad more.

Q1 - Re: the exhaust port roof guide hump, am I getting a YEY or NAY kind of an answer here gents? LOL

I am asking literally some suggestions as to whether I should even attempt to touch this or not? Seems like just a chunk of metal that only supports the guide while at the same time restricting air from passing through the port.

Q2 - Re: the intake port roof, I am going to remove some metal there to give the turn a longer and rounder turn towards the valve...I think there is space there, my thickness checker will come in handy here, is there anything here to really worry about? seems like a straight path the only obstacle being the head-bolt passage...

The plan is to do one cylinder, do a final flow-test and either replicate, or find a hole somewhere to hide in case I mess things up!

Thanks everyone...

The trouble with a lot of these heads on the exhaust side is the shortside has what I call a “Herman monster forehead” that over hangs into the bowl. It’s been awhile since I’ve touched a W2 but on Speedmaster, Edelbrock, etc, this area needs pushed back, widened, and then shaped. This save the exhaust air from going around Herman’s forehead and out the port.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time