Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by B1MAXX

Agreed, just that engines don't develop a balance issue. Unless a weight flys off and you would have noticed that. Balancer/ tourque conveter issues wold be my next look.

He has already swapped the converter and flex plate. I am not trying to be offensive to him in any way pity but rather he is beginning to chase ghosts as my old German boss would say. (IE: chasing his tail.)

He did one thing that MAY have alleviated the problem. I would go back and repeat that test to confirm or deny its affect. Then go from there twocents beer

I will say I had one years ago that I did everything short of pulling the motor and tearing it down. Even did new bearings. NADA, never did find it, but I put 40K + miles on the car before selling it to a friend. 5 years later he said it had been the best car he ever owned except for that 67-72MPH vibration popcorn

No offense taken. I absolutely feel like I am chasing my tail. It should not be this hard to figure out. I intend to repeat the no trans mount test. I will have some help so I can not only evaluate vibration inside the car but can also evaluate from underneath. I will be able to raise and lower the end of the transmission some to see if that changes anything. Although with the trans bolted firmly to the engine, how raising or lowering the end of the transmission could change the vibration when the transmission is in Park is not clear to me. I ordered another transmission mount. It is also a rubber mount and aftermarket. Made by Anchor. Don't expect it to fix the problem, but would be great if it did.

I am beginning to second guess my observation that the vibration suddenly appeared. Perhaps it was there all along and I wrote it off as a wheel/tire issue. I am running aftermarket Magnum 500's with bias ply Polyglas tires that were hard to get to balance. Certainly if it turns out to be a balance issue with the rotating assembly, that did not just all of a sudden happen. There are no weights that flew off.

R/ John