Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Originally Posted by Mike@440Source
RE: PRW PqX roller rockers
Did you mean the stainless steel version or the billet aluminum?
I'm leaning toward stainless steel. either Comp 1621's or the PRW's; I did have the opportunity to
check out the PRW's closely (nitpicking), a couple of days ago and I don't see anything wrong with the way the rockers are machined for the screws,
compared to previous feedback on other forums. If there was a quality control issue previously, it must have been fixed.
Roller tips weren't sloppy loose, bushings looked good, etc. I'd use the Stanke Motorsports shafts with the banana grooves for better oiling,
but that's a personal preference. I haven't seen a failure; only what I've read.

Mike

I like the steel rockers with bushings. You will be okay with the PRWs with the flat tappet spring pressures. I think they are rated to 600psi? If you were to go roller or hydraulic roller in the future perhaps the Comps would be better for 550psi+ valve springs. I like the coating comp uses on thier rocker shafts also.

My only complaint on both rocker systems is the lack of threaded rocker shafts. Using a NPT plug in the end of the rocker shaft is a really nice feature.

We used lash caps to correct the geometry on my Stealth heads and Comp steel rockers because cam is a .660ish solid (street) roller. It is about 230/560psi closed/open.

I like the steel rockers in general because they fit under the old school valve covers.

Jeremiah, have you seen these? I got to check out these shafts last year at Indy. The plugs are o-ringed and held in by the end bolts.
https://stankemotorsports.com/Products.cfm?pn=440RS&pID=55