Originally Posted by Mike@440Source
Originally Posted by gregsdart
Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Originally Posted by Mike@440Source
I know there are at least a few current and former Chevy guys in here who are familiar with the ZL1 427 that was available in the '69 Camaro as a Central Office Production Order (COPO).
If Mopar were to build something similar, what do you guys think it would look like?
Indy and Trick Flow heads might look out of place, even if I were to have the ends milled to get rid of the logo. Edelbrocks look closer to the MP head, but they'd have to be ported, adding to the cost.

After a lot of consideration given to what the car was supposed to be in the first place and a few non-negotiables, this is what I'm starting with:

BMP block, 4.500" x 4.250" (540)
Lunati solid FT; 259 / 267 @.050", .586 /.606; 110LC; in @106*
EDM lifters
A set of really cool valve covers
440 Source "Super Stock" aluminum alternator brackets
Hughes stainless valley tray
CNC Stealth heads, opened to MW. >> If I want/need more power later, this is an easy change.
Mod Man w dual 750's (I have the CID to make it work)
More money in polished stainless fasteners than I care to admit. It's not a race car. It's a street ca
r, and I like bling.

Nope...lol not a racer car. I have a few of those too. laugh

I also have a set of those bitchin blue anodized DC valve covers. My contention with placing them into service is the lack of a baffle. I had considered many different methods of attaching a baffle and more or less settled on JB Weld.

I am curious what your thoughts are there.

Also, will you being running this thing on a dyno? It will be interesting to see where it peaks hp/tq wise. With that tiny cam I assume it will peak well below 5500rpm @540" ?

I am betting on peak torque around 4800, hp about 6400. It will sound knarly, but pull like a frieght train!

I am planning on a dyno session, but it will be a while before this thing is put together. Meanwhile, I'll attempt to make some progress on the car itself.
The cam is listed on Lunati's website with a power range of 3000-7200 based on a 440. I think Greg is pretty close on the performance in the bigger engine. Something that is fun from 2500-6500ish is what I'm after.
This profile was picked because I didn't want to run more than .600" lift, and I felt the duration was about where it needed to be for how it would be used 90% of the time. That the lobe design was spec'd by UDHarold is a bonus.

https://www.lunatipower.com/voodoo-solid-flat-tappet-cam-chrysler-361-440-288-296.html

Mike

I will bet you a dollar it peaks below 6000. Why are we staying under .600 lift? Not bashing just curious : D

Will you be using the PRW PqX roller rockers?