Originally Posted by gregsdart
Mike, what is your plan for a front end, suspension? If i were to ever build another, it probably would be a strut frontend. Maybe a mustang two, but those would be my personal choices. Are you going to leave the motor in the stock position? Any setback will help, but the aluminum block REALLY helps in front/rear weight distribution. With your axle in back staying in stock location, it should still work well on the street. I bought a Dakota lithium 60ah battery, 16.5 lbs. Can be used with a 60 amp alternater. That allowed me to dump the cables to the back and mount it up front. The cables weighed 15 lbs.
I am looking forward to seeing your build progress. It will be great! By the way, i think it will probably run hi nines if it is going to use glass body parts and lightening.

Greg,
I’ve considered a couple of different ways of updating the front suspension:
Option 1: the HDK setup to get rid of the torsion bars.
I really do want to go with rack n pinion steering and delete the steering box as well; that will free up a lot of space without cutting up the car.
Option 2: get out my tubing bender and fab my own K frame using the old one as a reference point, and front-mount a rack using HDK single tube lowers and SN-95 Mustang struts with a MM coilover conversion, / bearings/hubs/Wilwood brakes, and caster/camber plates from Maximum Motorsports (durable, easy to find parts)
Option 3:
Alston a-arm front end (least likely).

Engine will most likely stay in the stock location. I’ll see how it scales.
The only ‘glass I’m planning for is a AAR scoop grafted into my stock hood,
Unless I can sweet-talk VFN into building me a complete hood.

Mike

Last edited by Mike@440Source; 01/28/23 09:16 PM.