This thread could take a while and it has taken a long time just to get to this point for many of the same reasons that affect every enthusiast (work, kids, etc.) I figure that if I post a few pics it'll help keep me motivated.

I was in the market back in 2014 for something fun to build on the cheap with my three boys. I had a pile of Chevy parts in the garage I could have used, but I couldn't find anything that grabbed my attention. I looked at a few Pontiacs as well, but what I found was more project than I needed. Then I thought, "Why not a Dart or Duster, Scamp, etc?", and since I had a Ram 2500 at that time, the decision became a little easier.
What was really going on in my head was worrying about being the best father I could be, and making life seem a little bit more "normal", teaching them and spending time with them that I never got with my dad. We lost my wife at the end of 2012 before I got home from Afghanistan, and my dad was nine weeks before her.
Sometimes having something to occupy your time acts like a magnet to compensate for loss. There was also plenty of construction happening on the house we had just moved into 6 months before Kris passed, but this isn't a construction page, so...here is the beginning of our story.

Mike

Dart pickup.jpgDart pickup2.jpgDart pickup3.jpg