Originally Posted by Kern Dog
Originally Posted by Dcuda69

So 9 yrs and 65k it needed...both lower ball joints, a radiator, a rack and pinion, front and rear ring/pinion sets, both front hub bearings, both post cat o2 sensors, tires(Goodyear junk from new), brakes(at least twice),2 batteries, When traded the ring and pinion sets were starting to sing again, EVAP code was set because the fuel sending unit was starting to rot and leak, typical rot had started over the wheel wells.

You guys can pick on Ford all ya want...the FX4 I have now has been WAY better than that Ram.

390,000 miles on my 2007 Ram 1500.
Didn't need to replace the brakes until 119,000 on the rear, then 121,000 on the front. Yes...the rear actually wore first.
I just replaced the ball joints and bushings 5 days ago.
Original engine, transmission and axle.
I am on the second radiator, starter, water pump and EGR valve.
At 179,000 miles, I did have to replace the front wheel bearings.
Maybe you live in a crappy environment or don't know how to treat a vehicle?
Maybe I got the unicorn and you got the lemon?

I do live in WI so it's not nice in winter but both trucks lived in the same place under the same conditions
Pretty sure I know how to take care of vehicles...been turning wrenches my whole life. again both vehicles live under the same conditions
Pretty sure I got the lemon. I was willing to give Ram another try in '13 after I had enough of that 04 but I failed to get 3 local dealers to work up a deal on a new Ram......so off to Ford I went....haven't looked back. Still driving that '13 FX4 and like it.