Originally Posted by 360view
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...lity-will-take-several-years/ar-AA15qqYS

sample quote

As Farley told the engineers,
"We didn’t lose [quality] in just one or two years," and as everyone who's been sick knows, getting back to health almost always takes longer than getting sick.”
In comments about the issue to other audiences, reportage has always mentioned Farley's connecting the warranty issues to customer unhappiness and Ford's bottom line. This time, it was apparently all about Job One. "Until we fix quality," he told the engineers, "nothing else matters."

end quote

I am reminded of the report several years ago where retired Toyota engineers “rebelled” against then board of directors members of Toyota.

I cannot help but think about the recent Boeing 737 problems,
and the recent F-35B crash.

They need to simplify cars again, the computer systems are waaaaay to complex anymore, they are so concerned with keeping the aftermarket out of it that they can't even teach their own techs how to figure stuff out. Way too many "modules" in charge of way too many things relying on way too many sensors. Also engines are far more complex than needed, all the dual VVT, 19 feet of timing chain, twin turbos, intercoolers, and 4 valves per cylinder hasn't given them any magical edge over the cam in block 2 valve stuff.... seems they noticed this when they went back to the godzillla engine, it seems to be a decent blend of stuff they copied from gen III hemis and LS engines. The more parts and pieces and wires and computers the more places for stuff to go wrong. Go back to the basics, you don't need a module in every door. It would alss bring down cost and weight, in addition to helping reliability and resale value.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!