Originally Posted by oldjonny
Originally Posted by Dart 500
What Toyota does isn't rocket science, they use the same engines, platforms and components for YEARS and iron out any deficiencies. Time for a new model? Just re-skin the old one and keep everything the same under the skin. Lexus? Just re-skinned Toyotas.

Remember when Dodge quality went to #1 or something a few years back? It was because they dropped everything except the old charger/challenger and durango! Now watch it plummet again with the new hornet that has little 1.3L turbo engines and PHEV battery tech.

Correct. I have a '99 Toyota and the oil filter is identical to the 2010 I own (and fits my John Deere riding mower too).

Its even worse than that. I worked for Toyota when the "all new" highlander came out in 2019. All the buttons, vents, switches, lights, windows are in the exact same place as the previous one. They just doll up and re-do the dash and body work. Then I had a look at my 4th gen 4runner compared to the current 5th gen, exact same tricks, and you can do it with every model they make, including Lexus. No wonder they make cash hand over fist, they sell vehicles that were designed in the 90's.

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12-09-56 2018 Toyota Highlander Pictures U.S. News.pngScreenshot 2022-12-19 at 12-09-39 2020 Toyota Highlander Pictures U.S. News.png
Last edited by Dart 500; 12/19/22 01:10 PM.