""Time to build a short block to match the rest of your combo and one that meets your expectations and one that will live with reg. maintenance.""

A small update:

Back when I finished this thread, I removed the block from the car, and removed everything off of the block (except main caps) and dropped it off to a local performance machine shop that I have used in the past. This shop is small and very busy, but he is finally making progress on my block as of last Friday.

After a cleaning and initial inspection, he is now to the point of ordering forged H-beam Molnar rods/4.00" crank and having to order custom pistons (nothing on the shelf) to assemble a 10.5-10.8 compression rotating assembly (per cam grinder).

I am discussing the cam with Mike Jones to come up with a solid-street roller, and BAM lifters to match my existing 281cfm @ .550" heads and a 420" stroker rotating assembly. This is a 6-6200 rpm build and I will reuse as many parts as I can. It appears to be a SR with .660" lifts after lash. I know that the actual lifts will be smaller due to valve train angles, but I am excited about the new direction of this numbers matching build.

I have been collecting the small parts that I know will be needed and I am starting on the larger parts that may have delivery issues. I have two intakes on hand, one is my RPM that is gasket matched (a lot of material came out of this intake) and a Weiand X-celerator that is about 80% gasket matched to the RPM using the same set of gaskets. I wanted to have both a dual plane and a single plane that were equally gasket matched so that I can bolt on either one at final assembly. I am currently looking at using the RPM since it is a streetcar, so I stopped on finishing the gasket match on the X-celerator. I may get bored waiting on the rotating assembly and finish the Weiand this Fall. But I plan to reuse the ported Sidewinders and the 1.65 Yella Terras for this build. I already have my new retainers and installed heights figured out for the new springs. I have talked with Manton about the spring pressures/rpm’s and the apx pushrod lengths and they have recommended their 11/32” x .120” wall Stage 3 or 5’s for this setup.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the oil pressure issue, as I will have more questions as the street build continues this coming Winter.

D

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)