Originally Posted by Dcuda69
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Three words...

Industrial Opportunity Partners

Comp Cams started in 1975, Did their people all of a sudden forget how to do it?

No they were likely let go for cheaper entry level people with no long term knowledge by Industrial Opportunity Partners
if one thinks about it, a 25 year old college grad that was hired on in 1982 is now 65 and making $$ plus bennies.
IOP says we can get 2 or more for what we're paying the old fart. So out the door all that experience goes. Eager beaver new hire want's to make a name for himself so they start tweaking things to save cost and make themselves look good. yeah there's some problems cropping up but the focus is on Current technology and $$$$$ so no one's really paying attention or cares.
twocents

Yep! My wife was in manufacturing for 35+ years at the same company. They decided she made too much $$ and "eliminated" her position. She took a few months off then landed a place where she's appreciated. Her old place reached out to her after a year saying they needed her experience back...lol....she told them to pack sand. The place won't make it another year.

Unfortunately, I've witnessed it to many times. I think ones best bet might be to look for smaller independently owned suppliers/ manufacturers as they have to pay attention to their sourcing quality and will suffer much more if they don't. IE: Howard's cams, Isky, Hughes, etc. twocents