Originally Posted by Diplomat360
Originally Posted by DaveRS23
At a 25% failure rate, shouldn't the cam grinder take stronger action than to only 'offer' additional services? Something like a strong declaration as to the failure rate without the additional services...

You know, if that number is true, it's attrocious. But heck, let's cut them some slack and assume it's actually better, say 5% failure rate...is that really "better" though???

I mean who out there, any of us for that matter, would accept an airline ticket with a 5% failure rate? How about municipal water services that guarantee you only 5% of your water being un-consumable? ...what about a bank that tells you about 5% of your transactions will fail???

Yeah, so I am purposely being dramatic here, but hasn't anyone at these companies ever studied SixSigma prinicples? (we are talking here 0.00034% failure rate)

I'm an IT person by profession, my products (software and interfaces) use these kind of metrics...so why can't an Engineering & Manufacturing company apply them?

bow
they can IF they want to, But I believe their focus is on $$ not quality. Especially so since they were bought.
In addition as mentioned, the demand for performance flat tappets camshafts is dropping so, their focus on addressing or improving anything is not there. Make it cheaper and ship it. No different than drum brake shoe linings vs disc, Same sh-t different period. twocents