A couple of thoughts here; first I see some amount of debate on whether bushings or bearings are better in roller lifters. And that debate can be as divisive as the flat vs roller debate. And there is also the debate on inspections and rebuilds of the roller lifters, at least in some applications.

And second; to compare the mild stock applications of roller lifters in modern engines designed for them to our retrofitting of them in our engines with typically much faster ramps, heavier valve trains and much stiffer springs is apples to oranges.

And I will add one more thing that I see happen; our old dinosaurs usually sit for some length of time between starts. So the engine is relatively dry of oil and it takes a bit of time for the oil to get everywhere. For the FT cams that do make it through the break in process, this can be a slow death by a thousand cuts. I just wonder if more guys had a means of pre-lubing their engine before cold starts if there would be less cam failures further down the road. It is something that I always do on my FT cam Hemi and so far, so good after 6 years.

Master, again and still