Originally Posted by 4406bbl
The worst battery I have ever had is an optima red top. Purchased 8/25/20 and I just replaced it for the third time. Most batteries give me 7-8 years in daily drivers, thought the optima would be better, parts store said they are not what they used to be, lots of issues. Interstate batteries were always junk for me also.

As posted previously, I just replaced the Optima red-top in the RoadRunner originally installed in 2009....
What I found with the Optima batteries was if they run down a traditional battery charger frequently does not work well. In my Conquest I had a 2 year old Optima yellow-top, I left the interior door light partially on and the battery ran down. I tried using my Sear's smart charger that had an AGM mode, but it wouldn't bring the battery back up. I was about ready to dump the yellow-top and decided to try an Optima charger yes they are expensive but I got 1 from Amazon and planned to return it if it didn't work well. Much to my surprise the Optima charger brought my yellow-top back to life. My only reaction was that Optima charging cycle works great for an Optima battery...

Just my $0.02... wink