Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by a12rag
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by a12rag
Ok . . . so maybe I am the outlier here . . . I have the FACTORY batteries in my 2002 Cummins ! Both still show the 'green" eye, and test good ! . . . I have always made sure to check the fluid level and top up with distilled water. Also, have had battery maintainer on then when I am not driving the truck. I generally only use the truck in the spring/summer/fall, and even then it is for towing the travel trailer or the car trailer . . . it sits with the battery maintainer on there - I do check to make sure all is good, and have changed battery maintainers over the years. I also have the factory battery in my 2004 Crossfire & 2006 Magnum. Yup, when not in use, I put battery maintainer on them.

So, 20 years from original batteries . . . never heard of, but I can prove it can be done !

Like anything, it is how it gets utilized, maintained . . . figure if I can pop caps off to check fluid level, then I check it !

Best of luck to all !

Cheers

Batteries have date codes stamped on them, sometimes it's a sticker.

https://batteryglobe.com/how-to-read-car-battery-date-codes/

Post pictures.

Here are pics of the truck batteries . . . 2002 Cummins, 135k km (81k miles) on truck.

Apparently I needed to spell out POST PICTURES OF THE DATE CODES

Uh . . . that is all that is on the factory batteries - labels on the top. . . . if you think I am making it all up, whatever. I know my machines and what I do to look after them. I was only posting this out of information for all to see what could be done. Why would I post something that is not true ?? Not here to spread disinformation. Merely stating my experience, sorry that you doubt my words . . .

Cheers

M