yes sir Charlie, it always feels good to get stuff done, even if it takes forever !
a couple of days ago, my hip doc said i had gotten more than my money's worth out of my left hip, and if i didn't get that thing replaced as soon as he can get me in, i will REALLY be in deep sh$t !!!
it seems the socket is totally gone, and ball portion is just like a pencil point.
he said he can fix it with a little more effort than it normally takes, but if i go too much longer, when it IS fixed, my left leg may be an inch or so shorter because he will have to cut off more bone than necessary.
so now i'm waiting for the hospital to call with the date. i'm sure it will be a few weeks or next month, but i'm in the process of making a roll around engine dolly that will have my 446 supported by the oil pan rail. i know that's not necessarily the best, but it's going to be WAY better than the shopping cart it is now on.
i have four 5" heavy duty swivel casters to put on the bottom of this thing, so it will travel much better than the shopping cart wheels.
i'll post a pic when i'm done, and have my engine on it.
i will be able to bolt on the transmission, so it won't be any trouble to fab up a support for it to supplement the engine dolly.
as you said, i as well, am grateful for the things i can still do, and i as well, "ain't done yet !! " wrench penguin boogie up
beer