Mine started at 23 due to a bad car accident. Fractured vertebraes and herniated disks. Followed by something called complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) after I fell an broke my wrist at 38. That was hell on earth. That relapsed but was immediately followed by fibromyalgia that still persists. Another bad car wreck in 2017 with more back fractures and disc issues. Currently aggravated one of the discs and have nerve pain shooting down both arms. Gonna have to chill for a while and let that calm down. F*** it all.

I can't work all day like I used to, but am still able to do physical work for 2 to 4 hrs about half the time. I enjoy working with my hands, on the house and cars and am not going to stop. I do have to do things a little differently than I used to and use tools or help for the heavy lifting, but at least I am still able to do most things one way or another.

No matter how bad someone has it, someone out there is dealing with worse. Just have to go one day at a time and deal with the hand you are dealt in life.

Last edited by mgoblue9798; 12/31/21 01:28 AM.