Originally Posted by Torquemonster440
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
I can see using a solid roller lifter on a hyd roller cam as sort of a “band-aid” for someone who’s trying to remedy a bad situation they’re going through with HR lifters.........like in jungs case.

But....... starting from scratch for a combo that will see pretty limited use?
Just give me the SR cam to go with the SR lifters.

Yeah, I see that logic. I was just trying to avoid Jung's situation from the start. Also hoping that the HR profile would be easier on parts while street driving. Honestly I didn't know that a " street solid roller" was a thing when I decided to go this route. "Street solid roller" is not a category I recall seeing in catalogs.. now I know.

My old 451 Stroker had an Ultradyne street roller, 251/251 duration @ 0.050", and not much lift for the duration, I think 0.612" using 1.6:1 rocker arms. It was pretty quiet too using about 0.014"/0.016" cold lash.

I'm not that impressed with the Hydraulic Roller, it really is not quiter, or if it is, I can't tell over all the other rollerized parts in the engine. I still run Harlan Sharp adjustable 1.6:1 rocker arms, and have to adjust pre-load, much like adjusting lash, so not a big difference there.
The Hydraulic roller setup was more expensive than a solid, has heavier lifters, and weaker valve springs, so really recommend a rev-limiter of some type to not float a valve. To me it just seems the HR gives up performance to a solid for maybe a bit less maintance in adjusting valve lash?