Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by W.I.N. racing
[quote=2boltmain]What has happened to NAPA is the same as what has happened with American aftermarket brands that have been around a loooong time and used to be excellent in quality. Standard, Moog, Dorman, Wells ect used to be better than OEM. Now they are just chinese junk.
[b][/b]

My theory on a lot of this stuff with cheap aftermarket crap being the only affordable alternative is the factory stuff lasted 125,000 miles, where will your car be in another 125,000 miles and 15 years??? Just buy the factory stuff and basically never worry about it again. Mopar is good about making small changes to improve things as time goes on, look at the last 2 letters of part numbers, they go up alphabetically as they update stuff. An example is the lifters for the new hemis, the ones that go bad have tiny needle bearings in the roller, look at the updated ones and you can see much larger needle bearings in them.

That is what I was thinking... although availability may become a problem due to MOPARs 10’yr support. Additionally pretty sure MOOG was the OEM suspension part supplier. In my tech days (80’s-90’s) you couldn't tell them apart.

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd