Originally Posted by Dabee
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by 1972CudaV21
People still use NAPA? Several decades ago, their quality was a cut above others. No longer true.

In a lot of cases yes, but not all. They have had to become competitive or go under. I deal with them on a regular basis and compare pricing as well. Lately I have found they are sometimes actually cheaper than O'smiley's, Retard (UHH advance) or the Zone. One of the things I do like is they have actual parts people that know how to use a catalog if needed. They also retain employees/ managers as opposed to the revolving door . twocents beer

The local NAPA where I live has been run be the same family for at least two generations and has real parts guys working the counter. Yes I may pay more for a part than at one of the three chain stores but I get better service and the right part. So the higher price is worth it to me.

This is the way it was( I say was) here. My buddy owned 3 NAPA stores in the area......true car guy...would find whatever ya needed. He decided to retire and corporate bought all his stores. We buy NOTHING from them now as their pricing has gone through the roof and the folks answering the phones are clueless!