The local NAPA store sent a rep by our shop a few years ago offering to set up our commercial account. I had always thought that they were higher than their competitors in town which is why I didn't do much with them. I told him that and he said that they have tiered pricing and that the more we spend the better the pricing.

I sent him packing by telling him being in business for decades was my volume discount qualifier and I did not intend to start at the bottom for them or anyone else. How arrogant of them. And ignorant. That business plan won't work anymore. Who would pay more for any length of time just to eventually get pricing that they could get everyday elsewhere?

But the counter help is so bad at the local parts stores that I usually look up what I need and take the information to them. But then, since I'm already on the computer, I go ahead and compare prices and availability. That usually means that I order on line. As long as I can wait, it is cheaper and more convenient. Our purchases at the locals has dropped significantly. Fortunately, we are not on any volume programs.

Master, again and still