Originally Posted by W.I.N. racing
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
What has happened to NAPA is the same as what has happened with American aftermarket brands that have been around a loooong time and used to be excellent in quality. Standard, Moog, Dorman, Wells ect used to be better than OEM. Now they are just chinese junk.
[b][/b]
iagree Moog is now falling out of my good graces... my 05 Magnum had an original ball joint fail at 125K miles. So not having time to focus on my stuff over and over again I bought all new MOOG suspension parts for the front (except one forward control arm - NAPA premium , see above posts) figured Id do it once and be done with it that was 25K ago. Since then, last fall I had to replace the NAPA component, then in April a lower MOOG joint was found loose, now I hear the dreaded squeak and clunk coming from the other side. Mind you this car gets treated and maintained well so this isnt a case of poor lubrication habits, just poor parts. Part of the issue is we keep bending over and taking it...but they have us over a barrel. very frustrating.
Taken today

My theory on a lot of this stuff with cheap aftermarket crap being the only affordable alternative is the factory stuff lasted 125,000 miles, where will your car be in another 125,000 miles and 15 years??? Just buy the factory stuff and basically never worry about it again. Mopar is good about making small changes to improve things as time goes on, look at the last 2 letters of part numbers, they go up alphabetically as they update stuff. An example is the lifters for the new hemis, the ones that go bad have tiny needle bearings in the roller, look at the updated ones and you can see much larger needle bearings in them.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!