I have a NAPA 200 yards from my full service shop and drive 2 hours to get my parts or order them online, they refuse to even get close on pricing, they have nothing in stock, I have to show them how to find the parts I need on the computer anyhow, it just ain't worth the headache. They always tell me they can get it tommorow for X price, well most of the time I can get it shipped overnight from spokane for 1/2 X anyhow. They also refused to give me a wholesale account because I wouldn't give them my bank account info, not a charge account just an account so I could get slightly better pricing and could look stuff up on pro-link without walking across the street...

My theory is that NAPA stays in business because of a loyal customer base who remembers the good old days when they hired smart car people and had all kinds of stuff in stock, they just keep buying there out of habit and loyalty, when those old guys all die they will have to fix their price issues or go the way of K-mart. They have tried to adopt the autozone way of paying crap for crappy employees to sell crappy parts at the same time keep their high prices.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!