Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

More to the story. My customer emailed me yesterday & said the mufflers arrived yesterday! So why did the tracking show they were delivered Thursday???

I'm wondering if the guy was testing me to see if I'd send him a free couple more mufflers just to make him real happy? Anyway, the previous customer in Florida got his mufflers, but not the stainless tips. I spoke with him a couple weeks ago. I have a claim in for them but still have not heard from FedEx on the status for a refund.

I have had this happen numerous times. My driver would mark it as delivered and his wife would bring at around late the evening or the next day. Once even on a Sunday.

I was told that FEDEX uses contract carriers and to keep the contract they have to deliver X number per day. So they mark them as delivered and return later with the package.

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

And I will say this, IF you ship something worth over $100.00 & you put the value of the goods on the shipper, it will cost you an extra $3.00 per shipment. **IF you have damage or a loss claim on what you shipped & it's over $100.00, FedEx will look at any photo or documentation you send & they will simply deny the claim stating "improper packaging" or "we have proof it was delivered." And then you can take a hike as far as FedEx is concerned. Typically if your claim is under $100.00, they will just pay it. Over $100, forget it - they just tell you to stuff it. If you Google this, you can read all day about how they do this to everybody with a claim.

UPS isn't much better. I won one argument with UPS. I took a golf club to the UPS store and had them package it and mail it. It arrived bent. They denied the claim saying it was not properly packaged. I told them your store packaged and mailed it. After a silence they agreed to pay for it. That was years ago when email and endless phone menus were not the norm.