Moparts

FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK!

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/17/21 10:41 PM

In the past 8 weeks, I now have two shipments to customers that FedEx Ground says they delivered, but they DID NOT. On the older one, I shipped two boxes - he only received one of them, but FedEx says "well - our info shows two were delivered!" from my rep. So I have filed a claim - so far nothing from FedEx except 2x now they are saying they never received the form I filled out & emailed to them.

Latest was a customer today - his words (this was from this week):

Hey Eric,

Just letting you know that there seems to be a couple of problems with Fedex getting the mufflers delivered. First off it said it was delivered yesterday at 2:57 pm and the person that was home at the time said that nothing had come nor did they see a delivery person drop anything off and also nobody showed up on the doorbell cam. Then when I looked on the fedex website it said it was left at the back door which is impossible due to our backyard being high fenced off and locked and away from the main road. And then when I try to look at proof of delivery, it doesnt even have an address on it. It just says delivered to Springdale, AR. No street number on there. I tried to open a case with fedex today for a missing package but have yet to recieve confirmation with them on if it went through or not. The address that fedex provided me when you shipped out was correct so I'm not quite sure what happened.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 12:14 AM

Starting ???
Posted By: TJP

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 12:42 AM

I haven't had any problems with them as of yet, But UPS is another story. Everything from leaving packages at the mailbox
(Isolated & not visible from the house), think country setting,
to delivering them to my lower storage building,
tracking shows left at back door,
Not wanting to back down my driveway / lane (700 ft long and a steep hill)
Stating no one was here ( UH Not possible)
And my security cameras show no UPS trucks or other attempts to deliver.

Fed ex, other delivery services and the USPS have no problem. i was finally able to reach a lady at the local dispatch center and she told me they are not supposed to back up due to accidents etc. I said check your deliveries to my address over the last 20+ years as there have been A LOT and the company has made a substantial amount on those deliveries. She was quite helpful even going so far as to satellite image my address. She said she would take it up with management. She also gave me her direct number (not supposed to) wink So far so good. I do have one of the drivers PO'd as he got a good backside chewing (long story). This all started last year around the holidays. I'm sure the covid thing hasn't helped as more people are ordering on line. twocents beer
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 02:16 AM

Fedex got me two weeks ago...Same deal, marked as "delivered".. No trucks at this address all day.. Seller thought I was trying to pull a fast one..Didn't want to help...Turns out it was delivered to the wrong address...Good thing the neighbors are honest here , he brought the package a few days after apologizing for the delay with getting it to me..I followed up with a call to Fedex hoping this wouldn't happen again..We'll see...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
Starting ???

X 2??
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Superfreak
Originally Posted by mopars4ever
Starting ???

X 2??

Agreed! I stopped using Fedup a long time ago, too many issues and problems along with inconvenience and incompetence from start to finish...with USPS and UPS I've had nothing but stellar performance with just a handful of issues that were quickly resolved over several decades shipping to customers in the US/Canada and overseas
Posted By: GY3

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 03:23 AM

Kicked them out of our business last year.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 03:24 AM

[align:center][/align]
Originally Posted by GY3

You don’t accept deliveries?
Posted By: GY3

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
[align:center][/align]
Originally Posted by GY3

You don’t accept deliveries?

Sure, we still get companies shipping us stuff on them but we don't offer them as a shipping option to our customers.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 05:05 AM

I guess it depends on how your local branch(?) is run? I'm in charge of shipping at work. Every time we have an issue with FedEx, UPS is like "hold my beer, watch this"............ All the issues we have had with FedEx pales in comparison to what UPS has done, ESPECIALLY with freight. I'll spare the details, but UPS managed to not only break a 400lb item strapped to a pallet, they broke the pallet as well AND tried to blame us for it! It looked as if the pallet had fallen off the truck then got rammed into the loading dock.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

I guess it depends on how your local branch(?) is run? I'm in charge of shipping at work. Every time we have an issue with FedEx, UPS is like "hold my beer, watch this"............ All the issues we have had with FedEx pales in comparison to what UPS has done, ESPECIALLY with freight. I'll spare the details, but UPS managed to not only break a 400lb item strapped to a pallet, they broke the pallet as well AND tried to blame us for it! It looked as if the pallet had fallen off the truck then got rammed into the loading dock.

THIS particular exact situation is WELL KNOWN in the haunts of bizarre claims against Fedex !

That apimp in charge of THAT shipping department .,..

BUILT the pallet out of balsa wood !! tsk grin
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 10:19 AM

We get lots of deliveries from lots of people by all the carriers in the area. You wouldn't believe how often someone will ship us something that weighs 1000 lbs on a flimsy pallet. We photograph every incoming delivery to prove received condition.

Small outgoing deliveries are by UPS and FedEx, larger stuff primarily with RL. All photograph to prove outgoing condition.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 10:35 AM

The USPS is the only one I’ve had trouble out of lately with delivering to the wrong house. I’ve had damage lately but because of senders poor packing. I’m starting a new business where I’ll be shipping some valuable parts. I’m kinda worried.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 01:04 PM

Problems with FedEx? Have I told you how much I hate FedEx.........
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 01:50 PM

Not all pallets are created equal. Get a good solid one next time. Some are not made to hold much weight.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 02:08 PM

It's real easy to break a pallet with a fork truck, especially clamp trucks. As for falling off the truck, seen it happen more than a few times. Not loaded right or not secured right and they'll tumble out the back when the trailer jockey is putting them in the door. The fun ones are when the load shifts against the doors.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 02:49 PM

Even though I'm probably wasting my time, here goes............

Pallet was made of oak? VERY stout, it came TO us with an almost 500 lb piece of equipment strapped to it. No issues.

That piece had 4 contact points on the pallet, whereas the load going out was essentially a box, load was spread evenly, and it wasn't as tall. Similar strapping was used to attach the outgoing pallet.

The pallet came to us via FedEx without a mark on it. As mentioned, it left via UPS (per the customer).

But I'm sure most here are certain it was a balsawood pallet with rubber bands.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 09:06 PM

Nope, UPS is the worst of them all, period. Probably fedex problems out in east coast, but out here I have yet to have a problem delivering in almost 15 years. UPS when I used them, 1 out of 3 times had a problem. Plus I find UPS costs more, sometime 10% or more more.
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/18/21 11:19 PM

Does Fed Ex have an option to require a signature? If so, do that for every package, or don’t use Fed Ex.

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/19/21 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by lilcuda

Does Fed Ex have an option to require a signature? If so, do that for every package, or don’t use Fed Ex.

Yes they do, & it's an extra charge - so I'd have to increase shipping on everything by probably $4.00 (going off memory), AND - I bet they could fudge that too by claiming they attempted delivery 3x, then it would get returned to me. I don't even want to think about doing this yet!

Big problem is, the customer has already paid me for items plus shipping. If nothing gets delivered, & FedEx will not pay the claim, then either I give the customer more items for free, or the customer pays for another set of mufflers or whatever they bought. This is SO FU'ed!
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/19/21 04:03 PM

I can't stand when someone sends me a package, and it says must have signature... FedEx will say it will be delivered between 9:00am, and 9:00pm, which means I have to take time off from work to wait. Did that once, and at 8;45, I get a text update saying the package is rescheduled for the next day... I live in the middle of no where. Leave the F'n thing on the front porch. I ALWAYS request the shipper to send UPS. Never had a single problem with them.
Posted By: megaparts

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/19/21 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

Yes they do, & it's an extra charge - so I'd have to increase shipping on everything by probably $4.00 (going off memory), AND - I bet they could fudge that too by claiming they attempted delivery 3x, then it would get returned to me. I don't even want to think about doing this yet!

Big problem is, the customer has already paid me for items plus shipping. If nothing gets delivered, & FedEx will not pay the claim, then either I give the customer more items for free, or the customer pays for another set of mufflers or whatever they bought. This is SO FU'ed!

I doubt signature required means anything right now. I have not signed for anything since Covid and am sure they would use that as an excuse for not getting one even if you paid extra to require it.
Posted By: Neil

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/19/21 05:34 PM

I think if the package is insured past a certain amount the signature is mandatory?
Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/19/21 05:46 PM

Have you checked at the local post office? My wife was a rural carrier and quite regularly packages would be left there as the driver didn't know where the address was or was to lazy to take it.

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/19/21 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by PLATINUM6BBL
Have you checked at the local post office? My wife was a rural carrier and quite regularly packages would be left there as the driver didn't know where the address was or was to lazy to take it.

More to the story. My customer emailed me yesterday & said the mufflers arrived yesterday! So why did the tracking show they were delivered Thursday???

I'm wondering if the guy was testing me to see if I'd send him a free couple more mufflers just to make him real happy? Anyway, the previous customer in Florida got his mufflers, but not the stainless tips. I spoke with him a couple weeks ago. I have a claim in for them but still have not heard from FedEx on the status for a refund.

And I will say this, IF you ship something worth over $100.00 & you put the value of the goods on the shipper, it will cost you an extra $3.00 per shipment. **IF you have damage or a loss claim on what you shipped & it's over $100.00, FedEx will look at any photo or documentation you send & they will simply deny the claim stating "improper packaging" or "we have proof it was delivered." And then you can take a hike as far as FedEx is concerned. Typically if your claim is under $100.00, they will just pay it. Over $100, forget it - they just tell you to stuff it. If you Google this, you can read all day about how they do this to everybody with a claim.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/20/21 12:41 AM

Even though I'm probably wasting my time, here goes............

Pallet was made of oak? VERY stout, it came TO us with an almost 500 lb piece of equipment strapped to it. No issues.

That piece had 4 contact points on the pallet, whereas the load going out was essentially a box, load was spread evenly, and it wasn't as tall. Similar strapping was used to attach the outgoing pallet.

The pallet came to us via FedEx without a mark on it. As mentioned, it left via UPS (per the customer).

But I'm sure most here are certain it was a balsawood pallet with rubber bands.

YES ... most here DID think it was you making it with bAlSa !

I jsta had a secret pole that confirmed that !
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/20/21 06:24 PM

More to the story. My customer emailed me yesterday & said the mufflers arrived yesterday! So why did the tracking show they were delivered Thursday???

I'm wondering if the guy was testing me to see if I'd send him a free couple more mufflers just to make him real happy? Anyway, the previous customer in Florida got his mufflers, but not the stainless tips. I spoke with him a couple weeks ago. I have a claim in for them but still have not heard from FedEx on the status for a refund.

I have had this happen numerous times. My driver would mark it as delivered and his wife would bring at around late the evening or the next day. Once even on a Sunday.

I was told that FEDEX uses contract carriers and to keep the contract they have to deliver X number per day. So they mark them as delivered and return later with the package.

And I will say this, IF you ship something worth over $100.00 & you put the value of the goods on the shipper, it will cost you an extra $3.00 per shipment. **IF you have damage or a loss claim on what you shipped & it's over $100.00, FedEx will look at any photo or documentation you send & they will simply deny the claim stating "improper packaging" or "we have proof it was delivered." And then you can take a hike as far as FedEx is concerned. Typically if your claim is under $100.00, they will just pay it. Over $100, forget it - they just tell you to stuff it. If you Google this, you can read all day about how they do this to everybody with a claim.

UPS isn't much better. I won one argument with UPS. I took a golf club to the UPS store and had them package it and mail it. It arrived bent. They denied the claim saying it was not properly packaged. I told them your store packaged and mailed it. After a silence they agreed to pay for it. That was years ago when email and endless phone menus were not the norm.
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: FedEx is Starting to Really SUCK! - 04/21/21 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by IMGTX
UPS isn't much better. I won one argument with UPS. I took a golf club to the UPS store and had them package it and mail it. It arrived bent. They denied the claim saying it was not properly packaged. I told them your store packaged and mailed it. After a silence they agreed to pay for it. That was years ago when email and endless phone menus were not the norm.

Just a heads-up: that only works with UPS Stores that are owned by UPS. Many of the stores (perhaps the majority) are franchised. UPS will deny responsibility if they don't own the store. down
© 2024 Moparts Forums