Originally Posted by ZIPPY
Your plan will work out just fine, and what you're shooting for is a very solid 11 second kind of a street/strip deal.

My '69 GTX is a getting little bit dated but still runs well and is along the same lines.

451ci (400 B engine based, but really close enough to a .055 or .060 over 440 for comparison sake)
10.75:1
RPM heads, minor prep (backcut valves, blended port openings slightly)
PRH/Comp .630/262-266 solid roller
Victor 383 intake prepped at home, 1000/4150 race demon
2" supercomps/mufflers/X pipe exhaust I fabbed in my Dad's driveway

The converter I have is somewhat "wrong" for the combination, it was originally made for a 572 Wedge
A body race application, and is too tight for mine for racing but it drives really nice on the street so I've left it alone.

4.10 Dana with a Power Lock.

Most of the time it went 11.20s and 11.30s around 120.
11.0 @ 123 best ever (three times same day) and for whatever reason I haven't been able to do it again.

Peak power rpm is about 6200/chassis dyno, pretty close to what you were looking for.

Later I tried a 950 Quick Fuel Brawler and it ran about the same ET as before
but feels quite a bit snappier on the street. Only had it to the track once with that carb
and it went 7.15, 7.16, 7.17, 7.17 that day (so basically 11-teens to 20s).

TBH the only outdated item you're thinking about is the M1, and it's still a pretty darn good piece.
I'm sure a TFS or prepped Victor would pick up a little bit but nothing earth shattering.

Below is an old picture...Old time Moparts people will recognize it from many years ago.....
It wasn't long after this shot we had to intall a roll bar. You will too! Good luck

This is one of my favorite Moparts cars of all time! Classic Mopar muscle/street brawler. Zippy, you nailed this combo

2 kids and a dog