I have a 69 road runner that is going to be a street/strip car that I plan on running on 93 octane pump gas with the addition of a little race fuel at the track. I have no intentions of making it a cruiser...I want it more oriented toward drag strip performance. I have been out of Mopars for the past 12-13 years, at that time I had a 68 road runner that had a 440 recipe that was for a low 12 car. I know that technology had came a long way with cylinder heads, suspension, camshafts, etc since I built that 440 in 2000. I havent decided on a lot yet, but I have decided on Cal Trac Mono leaf springs, Cal Trac bars, Cal Trac rear shocks. The rear end is a Dana 60 with 4.10 gears. The trans will be a 727...no idea on stall speed or converter brand yet. Ill be running a 28-29" tall tire in the rear. I plan on adding torque boxes and frame connectors, and possibly a 6 point bar if the car runs quick enough. Itll have an A12 hood for fresh air.

Since ive been out of this hobby for so long, what would you guys recommend running to get me there? I have access to a 440 and the original 383 thats in the car. I was thinking something along the lines of Trick Flow 240 heads, roller solid camshaft, lightweight pistons, H beam rods, M1 Single plane, 950hp Holley or AED, all MSD ignition, TTI 2" step headers, fuel cell with -8 line to the regulator with -6 going to the float bowls. Will a stock stroke 440 get me to mid 11s and lower if I decided I wanted to go quicker? I really dont want to shift this car much over 62-6400 if that helps.

I appreciate any advice

Last edited by Old buddy; 02/24/21 12:30 PM.