Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Originally Posted by 8urvette
i reassembled the diff, put it back in the housing.

put a tape measure in the driver side axle tube, down the splines into the button and then compared it to the axle. the axle is within 1/16th of an inch
i left the axle in and measured the passenger side, down the axle tube, through the splines and touched the pin. the axle is almost 1/2" shorter than the measurement. I guess ill be upgrading to 1 piece gears.

Remember the center pin piece will move back and forth 1/2 inch. Stick the axle that was close back In and tighten down, then measure the other side again. Does one axle have an adjuster?
No factory car Dana came with 30 spline, 23 66-69, 35 70-71. 30 spline went in trucks-vans with floating ends, 8 lugs

This rear end housing was a bare housing given to the chassis shop. he cut it and "built it". No idea what any of it came from.

This vehicle is a pro street car, but it will definitely be more street than strip.

I think the ticket will be to buy one axle and have it made to fit what i have here.

The pin does move and when it was pushed all the way to the passenger side is when i took that measurement. if i push the pin to the driver side it increases!

maybe i ca find an ol 8 3/4 axle shaft laying around and have it cut down?