Originally Posted by FurryStump
So I was watching the video of the last run on Saturday. So it hits the tire and then tries to throw the axle out of the car. At the hit it plants the tire moves forward about 6” then the body separates until it tops out the rear travel and unloads the tire making the tire spin. the tire then bounces with the rear suspension at max lift all the way through the 60’. I think you are pretty close to full stiffness on rebound. Either you continue going stiffer on rebound to slow the separation down or you could lower your percentage of rise number. Basically drawn a line from the center of the contact patch of the tire through the front spring eye. The farther forward that line is angle softens the of the tire slowing down they body separation. .

Rhett
Thanks for the nudge.
Here is a link to the vid for anyone interested . https://youtu.be/bFP9XAFZ5PI
Made the following changes which all mostly resulted in minor changes in both directions

I removed 2 leafs from each spring pack and got the car almost 2” lower in the rear.

Tried it with rear segments clamped and unclamped.

Tried tire pressure from 15 lbs (spun uncontrollably) down to 9 and back to 10 whee it did best and consistent 1.50 .

Spoke with someone at Viking . Said it hits too hard . Rhetts crew also mentioned this.

I can change that by moving front spring eye to a mounting hole further from the chassis , but that will raise the rear even more .

At this point I,m just playing with it for education.

I will reluctantly dump another $1000 into it for cal tracks and sliders over the winter.