Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY
Originally Posted by Wirenut
Ok so we know there is no simple fix .

As has been mentioned, I think a set of rear sliders would make more sense than another set of holes in the frame to correct the shackle angle . There are already two holes on one side and three on the other (who knows why) , so if I go sliders I would like to clean up that area as it wasn’t done very well.

As I said there won’t be time for revamp of the rear suspension until winter .

There are only 2 months of track time left so I think I will play with tire pressure, shocks and maybe even remove the factory spring clamp and use an after market clamp in different positions to see if I can minimize the issue a bit .

Thanks to all , you guys always learn me something . If you have any thoughts on limping it along let me know .

If any of you will be at lvd this weekend, you know what the car looks like now , stop by and say hi .

Furry Stump I will be looking for you .

Think of the rear leaf spring like this.. the front of it controls where the axle is and the rear part is just
the spring to hold the car up.. the shock controls the rate the rear end moves and how fast.. the angle
of the shocks is based on what the car is used for.. a race car the shocks are vertical and a street
car they are angled for doing corners.. on my street rod I put them vertical for drag racing with some
distance running(I built the car mainly for DW but I latter changed my mind) I didnt see the pic of
your car but if the back end is up in the air it just makes it harder to get traction so if you can try
to make the car level
wave

Thanks much .