Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Originally Posted by cudaman1969
So leave it there if it ‘helps’ pushing the clutch. The diaphragm clutch stays on the floor because the ‘fingers’ go past center and centrifugal force pulls it in. That’s an adjustment issue, stop travel before it gets to that point. Major problem on Chevys, Been there done that. I want that over spring on there to keep the throw out bearing off the fingers (thats not not the little spring on the bell’s purpose) (keeps pedal from rattling too). If to much travel change the ratio on Z bar, pedal or make a pedal stop. I certainly don’t want the clutch pedal setting below the brake pedal. Seems like you all are looking for a fix for no problem.

You should explain that to centerforce then. Or to the guys who put those diaphragm clutches in cars that I fixed by taking the over center spring out.

Seen it all my life, someone says it’s the best thing since sliced bread then all the rest jump on the bandwagon thinking it’s the gospel. In reality it’s a bandaid to make their product look great since the majority cant fix it the right way. But then maybe the centerforce guys are smarter then the Chrysler engineers. So tell me what do you use to keep that throw out bearing off the fingers? Take out a spring, then add another?