Originally Posted by dvw
Though we won last weekend the car hasn't been good. 60ft varies wildly. 3 different tracks. This weekend rd 1 1.40, rd 2 1.29. Its been as wide a spread as 1.29-1.46. Car leaves flat, deviously 12-16" up for 40-60foot out. What I've done to try and fix it. New M/T 10.5wx31, loosened the shocks and tightened the shocks, the fronts as many as 15 clicks. Varied tires 12-15 psi. Then with video realized there is zero tire spin . Next swapped converters, new plugs, cap, rotor, carbs apart cleaned and adjusted. Varied timing by 6 degrees. Same leave rpm, water, oil temp, intake temp. Incrementals after 60ft are spot on. Same fuel I've always run, Renegade Pro114. R/T are getting slow also. However on the practice tree they're fine. Foot brake only. Leave at 2700-3300. Eddy 750 carbs. The combo has been untouched and pretty decent for 7 years. Thoughts?
Doug

Have you checked to see if the advance in the distributor is functioning correctly? Provided that is not an issue, I too wonder about the AF screws being all the way out making no change. It does appear to be a vacuum related problem, the idea to check the intake gaskets is a good one but also the carb base and those gaskets also.
Good Luck

Mopar born, Mopar breed, when I die, call me Mopar dead!