Q
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Thanks John. up

Yeah, not the first time a good ol' Fram bash has happened on here. It's progressed though from "heard from my Uncles' Cousin" to first-hand accounts !!! shocked shock shocked shock Of course, no photos or video of what most would consider an epic event...........

I'd pay good money to have the oil pump that "ruptured the can" above. laugh2 I'd put it in a Track Hoe and move some dirt with it or a mount it on a Fire Truck for putting out skyscraper fires! tonguue

Seriously just cut one open and then cut open a Wix or a factory filter. The difference is VERY noticable. The Fram is made as cheaply as possible. It's fine to have a different opinion but please make it an informed one and not just anecdotal. If you want to use them go right ahead, it's still a free country for the most part but I'll never use another one.
And yes many years ago Mopar put out a TSB on the Fram filters for the Cummins application saying they wouldn't warranty an engine as the filters were found to have metal particle contamination in them from the manufacturing process.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.