Originally Posted by 70satelliteguy
Any problems?

Originally Posted by Grizzly
Nope.

My Dad has been running them since before I was born, and I've been running them my entire life.

We're in a good-sized town and everyone here runs Fram and believe Me: if there was a problem, the whole place would have heard about it. Race or no-race. twocents

I would have to classify the comments on here as baseless and ignorant.

Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY

I had a Fram on my car and the oil pressure dropped to 10 psi and after checking things a friend
told me to change the filter.. the pressure came right back.. never used a Fram again..
my brother had his pressure fall off I told him to change the filter and it came back up
wave

I too had lost 15 PSI on a Fram. Did not think much about it till I dropped all oil pressure at 6000 RPM going thru the traps and my Idiot light came on.

A fellow racer had a spare Wix 51515, Installed it and finished the night and drove home.

A few months later I changed oil and grabbed the last one off my shelf and installed it. In two weeks it too lost about 10 PSI. Pulled the first one out of the trash and cut it open. Found it was all smashed inside, cut the second one and it too was smashed just not as bad.

Retired, US ARMY 1973-1994
ASE mechanic, Electrical 1994-1997
Retired GTE/VERIZON/FRONTIER 1997-2015

Posting cheap tech help (CRAP) here since Nov 97, 1000's of posts, some may be good.

03 Suzuki Burgman 650(Burger King) Scooter
65 Formula S Cuda
78 Little Red Express Truck
98 Buick Regal (wifes car)