Around here there are few confirmed cases, even with that we do our due diligence with any interactions. Shopping and buying are two different things. A ladder, that I'm not buying, could easily be placed in a driveway and cash handed to the owner (or set on ground) then load up your ladder. De contaminate with dilute bleach (or pool chlorine). I surely wouldn't buy any fabric items, nor anything else that could not be washed down. With that, I have scored some very nice washable items at firesale prices. One I met a guy in a large abandoned parking lot, did the money on ground deal, loaded into truck and brought home de con, and presto.
I've also had two large items shipped ups ground. Supposed to live a couple days in environment, so ground in
(supposedly) sanitized trucks with a bunch of unsanitized items, how good is that? Everything washed up on receipt, no problem.
I have more problems with the new warnings about how long it "lives' in the environment. I do not want to get inoculated when I am working in the yard. Stores are particularly worrisome. I feel like wearing a dive mask and put a filter on a snorkel tube and then washing with alcohol when I get out to car. Yet when I take a breath what will I inhale..
Sure I'm exaggerating, or am I, who knows.