I spent a couple decades working a call center equipment OEM. We pioneered a lot of the technology commonly in use today - intelligent delay ques that will call you back, annoying web chat pop ups, ANI screen pops (rep gets your account screen as your call connects) and virtual call centers where operators standing by can be working from home. In typical corporate genius fashion the managers refused to implement most of that stuff for our own customer service call center. They eventually did the virtual call center thing for the tech supt department and I did that for a while until they decided I was good enough at it that I should move to Chicago and do it from the office.

I wish I was kidding.

Later as the company was going bankrupt the slash and burn president they brought in had a genius economic idea: as the company was the one paying for all those airline tickets he reasoned that the frequent flyer miles belonged to the company. I don't think he got real far with his effort to have the employees turn them over to accounting.