Originally Posted by mopar dave
I spoke with Dom last night and I really would like to have his billet carbs poking up thru my hood. We determined 750's would be best for my combo. With Dom not only are you getting a premium product, but you also get premium service after the sale. With all that in mind I still have the urge to pull the trigger on a pair of ultra xp's and recalibrate myself. Also their is word out there that the Holley ultra xp line is not so good. Decisions decisions. I'm going to ponder this a few more days, but Holley 750's with downlegs is what Dom has suggested. I can get the Indy tunnel ram any time and I was just told Dwayne is an Indy dealer as well.

As Brad pointed out in the post after this one, the XP Holley's I have been into (3 total) and every one of them had a different calibration and they were all the same part number!!!!

The last one was about a month ago and I was pin gauging all the holes and the IFR were .059! On both the primary and secondary metering blocks. And the IAB's were normal. So I called Holley and got some guy on the line and told him that. I also told him the calibration differences between the three carbs. He had no answer for that. He also said the IFR for that carb should be .029!

The point is you'd be better off letting Dom get you sorted out, especially if you've never set up TR carbs because it's nowhere near the same.

If you are a guy who enjoys the process and you do want to do the carbs yourself (I have no problem with this because that's the best way to learn) long before I bought a Holley carb I'd buy the ProForm 750 and start with those. Much less money and just as good or better carb to start with.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston